We recently met to discuss Memorial G in the CREC book of Memorials. You can read the memorial here.
Here is the email I sent to everyone interested in coming.
Now that Pastor Dave Hatcher has met us all and we’ve been able to meet him, I would like to propose having our meetings transition somewhat.As we prepare to move toward official Lord’s Day worship with Biblical eldership in mind, I would like to know who would be interested in serving in a larger role during our meetings and with the overall vision?This could be things such as:
- Preparing for and leading the discussions
- Opening / closing in prayer
- Preparing and giving prayers of thanksgiving for God’s blessings
- Preparing and giving prayers for the sick and those in need
- Playing instruments / Leading songs during worship time
- Help with website, podcast, printing song sheet packets, schedules, etc.
- Heading set up / clean up
- Other things that haven’t been mentioned…?
If this seems like something you would like to take a larger role in, think and pray about it. We can discuss these serving roles tonight and maybe even plan on implementing them on an upcoming fellowship night. We are also planning on transitioning the focus of our discussion during these fellowship nights away from topics that are probably best discussed in smaller groups. I think it might be wise to leave Memorial E and F (Terrorism and Homosexuality) for a small group discussion and just go right to the last memorial. Pastor Hatcher suggested we go through a book exploring the vast number of promises God makes to parents regarding covenant children. It was written by Doug Wilson and is called “Standing on the Promises.” Tonights discussion will be Memorial G on Worship as well as discussing serving during fellowship nights.Songs:
- Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing
- Psalm 100 – All People That on Earth do Dwell
- Holy God, We Praise Thy Name
- Psalm 23 – The King of Love My Shepherd Is
I am also attaching the schedule for tonight.If you know someone who might be interested, invite them to come. We will have LOTS of room for people as we will be at the Christian School which has lots of space.