A Concept of Church Membership
People often ask, “Why do you emphasize membership? Where is that in the Bible?” The answer is simple: while the phrase “church membership” is not used explicitly in the Bible, the concept can be presupposed on every page. Real community takes real commitment. To be a member of a church is to make a public promise to live according to biblical teachings and to support the mission and ministry of the local church.
We believe that church membership is a biblical concept and an essential part of both demonstrating our commitment to one another and living out the truth that together we are members of Christ’s Body. If Christ Covenant Church is to be your home church, we hope that you will formalize your membership with us. However, if you decide not to join CCC as a member, you may continue to worship with us, but you will be missing out on all the benefits of membership in Christ’s body.
How do I become a member of Christ Covenant Church?
All prospective members must go through a membership orientation prior to joining CCC. This provides an opportunity to learn more about who we are and what we believe of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Worship with us for a few weeks/months and get to know us.
- Let one of the elders know that you desire to pursue membership.
- Fill out the Introductions form that tells us basic info about your life with the Lord. This will help us get to know you better and discern ways you might best participate in the life of the church.
- Participate in New Member Orientation class or listen to the 3 weeks worth of recordings below.
- Meet with one or more of the members of the Session.
- Take your vows before the Lord and His people.
- Serve and be served by Christ and His church.